Foeniculum vulgare, seed powder
Aromatic Spice that Supports Healthy Digestion*
- Enkindles the digestive fire without aggravating pitta*
- Supports a comfortable post meal experience*
- Supports healthy urination and soothes the urinary tract*
- Calms and soothes the nerves and muscles*
- Supports a healthy, comfortable menstrual cycle*
- Supports the healthy flow of milk in lactating mothers*
Fennel (Foeniculum vulgare) is an excellent herb for supporting a healthy, comfortable digestive experience. It is especially useful for strengthening the digestive fire without aggravating pitta. The roasted seeds are commonly served post meal in Indian restaurants to support digestion and to freshen the breath. Fennel combines well with cumin and coriander and makes a great digestive tea. It also soothes the urinary tract and promotes healthy urination. Fennel supports healthy lactation in nursing mothers and is also used to promote menstrual comfort. A tonic for the nervous system, fennel calms the mind and increases clarity of consciousness.*
Herbal tablets that contain Fennel seed include:
Healthy Pitta, I Sleep Soundly, Kidney Formula, Pitta Digest, Tranquil Mind, Women’s Support
Other products that contain Fennel seed include:
Beauty Balm, Daily Swish, Easy Digest liquid extract, I Travel Well liquid extract, Mahanarayan Oil
- Rasa (taste): sweet, pungent, bitter
- Virya (action): slightly cooling
- Vipaka (post-digestive effect): sweet
- Doshas (constitutions): Balancing for all doshas
¼ to ½ teaspoon with warm water, once or twice daily, or as directed by your health practitioner.
Please consult with your health care practitioner prior to the use of this product if you are pregnant or nursing, taking medications, or have a medical condition. Keep out of the reach of children.
California Customers: WARNING
Fennel Seed Powder (Foeniculum vulgare)
This product is organically grown and processed in accordance with the USDA's National Organic Program (NOP).
This item contains no animal products and is suitable for vegetarians and vegans.