Common Kitchen Spice that Supports Healthy Digestion.
- Supports comfortable digestion and balanced stomach acid levels*
- Promotes a healthy appetite and fresh breath*
- Promotes healthy elimination of mucus*
- Supports healthy lungs and clear breathing*
Cardamom (Elettaria cardamomum) is an aromatic spice that awakens the appetite and supports healthy digestion without aggravating pitta. It supports balanced stomach acid levels and the downward flow of energy in the GI tract. This helps pacify vata and pitta, and promotes a comfortable post-meal experience. Cardamom removes excess kapha from the stomach and supports healthy mucus levels in the body. It also eliminates kapha from the lungs, supporting clear, comfortable breathing. In The Yoga of Herbs, Doctors Lad and Frawley write that cardamom "stimulates the mind and heart and gives clarity and joy.
- Rasa (taste): pungent, sweet
- Virya (action): heating
- Vipaka (post-digestive effect): sweet
- Doshas (constitutions): Balancing for all doshas, may increase pitta if used in excess
¼ to ½ teaspoon with warm water, once or twice daily, or as directed by your health practitioner.
Please consult with your health care practitioner prior to the use of this product if you are pregnant or nursing, taking medications, or have a medical condition. Keep out of the reach of children.
California Customers: WARNING
Cardamom Seed Powder (Elettaria cardamomum)
This product is organically grown and processed in accordance with the USDA's National Organic Program (NOP).
This item contains no animal products and is suitable for vegetarians and vegans.