Cooling Household Spice that Promotes Healthy Digestion*
- Strengthens the digestive fire without aggravating pitta*
- Supports proper function of the kidneys and urinary tract*
- Cools and soothes the GI tract*
- Eliminates excess heat promoting menopausal comfort*
Coriander (Coriandrum sativum) is one of the best herbs for supporting digestion without aggravating pitta. It enkindles the digestive fire while simultaneously cooling and soothing the GI tract. It removes excess heat in the body making it useful in cooling pitta-related imbalances associated with menopause. It also supports proper function of the kidneys and healthy urination. The seeds combine well with cumin and fennel to make an excellent digestive tea.*
Herbal tablets that contain Coriander seed include:
Kidney Formula, Pitta Digest, Women’s Support, Yogaraj Guggulu
Other products that contain Coriander seed include:
Easy Digest liquid extract, Pitta Massage Oil, Yogaraj Guggulu powder
- Rasa (taste): bitter, pungent, sweet
- Virya (action): cooling
- Vipaka (post-digestive effect): pungent
- Doshas (constitutions): Balancing for all doshas, especially pitta
¼ to ½ teaspoon with warm water, once or twice daily, or as directed by your health practitioner.
Please consult with your health care practitioner prior to the use of this product if you are pregnant or nursing, taking medications, or have a medical condition. Keep out of the reach of children.
California Customers: WARNING
Coriander Seed Powder (Coriandrum sativum)
This product is organically grown and processed in accordance with the USDA's National Organic Program (NOP).
This item contains no animal products and is suitable for vegetarians and vegans.