Common Cooking Spice that Promotes Healthy Digestion*
- Enkindles the digestive fire*
- Promotes healthy absorption and elimination of natural toxins from the GI tract*
- Helps digest natural toxins*
- Calms vata in the lower abdomen and promotes a comfortable post-meal experience*
Cumin (Cuminum cyminum) is one of the best herbs for supporting healthy digestion without aggravating pitta. A common household spice, its Sanskrit name literally means "promoting digestion." In addition to providing flavor to food, cumin enkindles the digestive fire, promotes healthy absorption, and eliminates natural toxins in the GI tract. The seeds are often chewed after meals and are especially useful for calming excess vata in the lower abdomen and in promoting a comfortable post dining experience.*
Herbal tablets that contain Cumin seed include:
Pitta Digest, Vata Digest, Yogaraj Guggulu
Other products that contain Cumin seed include:
Hingvastak powder, Yogaraj Guggulu powder
- Rasa (taste): pungent, bitter
- Virya (action): cooling
- Vipaka (post-digestive effect): pungent
- Doshas (constitutions): Balancing for all doshas
¼ to ½ teaspoon with warm water, once or twice daily, or as directed by your health practitioner.
Please consult with your health care practitioner prior to the use of this product if you are pregnant or nursing, taking medications, or have a medical condition. Keep out of the reach of children.
California Customers: WARNING
Cumin Seed Powder (Cuminum cyminum)
This product is organically grown and processed in accordance with the USDA's National Organic Program (NOP).
This item contains no animal products and is suitable for vegetarians and vegans.